RECONSTRUCTION OF WOODEN FLOORS USING MONOLITHIC REINFORCED CONCRETE SLABS WITH EFFECTIVE INSERTS

new site

This site is no longer updated!
The new website of the magazine is located at https://visnyk.lnup.edu.ua/

Visnyk LNAU: Architecture and Farm Building 2021 №22: 23-25

RECONSTRUCTION OF WOODEN FLOORS USING MONOLITHIC REINFORCED CONCRETE SLABS WITH EFFECTIVE INSERTS

І. Melnyk, Doctor of Technical Sciences
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-7702-1083
V. Sorokhtei, Candidate of Technical Sciences
ORCID ID: 0000-0003-2833-7759
Т. Prystavskyi, Senior Research Officer
ORCID ID: 0000-0001-5455-5157
V. Partuta, PhD student
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-7406-3704
Lviv Polytechnic National University

https://doi.org/10.31734/architecture2021.22.023

Annotation

In residential and public buildings of old constructions, in particular in the central part of Lviv, wooden floors are arranged. During the long-term operation in the main load-bearing structures of such floors there are significant defects and damage, the main of which are: excessive deflections, rot and fungal formations (especially on the supporting parts of the outer walls), horizontal and oblique delaminating cracks of considerable length. Most floors with such individual or complex defects and damage need to be reinforced or replaced. With the complete dismantling of wooden floors, you can arrange a new capital flat reinforced concrete floor of lightweight type using inserts of different shapes and materials. However, the presented method of wooden structures reconstruction is expedient for technical and economic reasons: remove the upper layers of the floor structure (parquet, plank flooring, etc.) with full exposure of wooden beams on top and sides; cement mortar is laid on the lower (ceiling) flooring; foam is laid between the wooden beams with the formation of the contours of the future reinforced concrete beams; metal anchor elements are drilled into the wooden beams on the sides and top; reinforcing frames of reinforced concrete beams and reinforcing grids of the top plate over them are mounted; concrete is laid. The result is a new slab-ribbed reinforced concrete floor structure, which uses the existing wooden floor as formwork. The new construction of floor has best sound and heat insulating properties and the necessary fire resistance.

Key words

wooden floors, reconstruction, monolithic reinforced concrete slab, effective inserts

Full text

pdf

Link

1. DBN B.1.1-7: 2016. Fire safety of construction sites. General requirements. Kyiv: Ministry of Regional Development, Construction and Housing of Ukraine, 2017. 47 p.
  2. Melnyk I. V., Sorokhtei V. M., Prystavskyi T. V. Flat reinforced concrete slab structures with effective inserts: monograph. Lviv: Lviv Polytechnic Publishing House, 2018. 272 p.
  3. Melnyk I. V. Proposals for arrangement of a monolithic flat hollow slab during the reconstruction of floors. Bulletin of Lviv State Agrarian University. Architecture and agricultural construction. 2000. No. 1. P. 166–169.
  4. Melnyk I. V. Flat reinforced concrete monolithic floors with effective inserts. Bulletin of the National University «Lviv Polytechnic». Theory and practice of construction. 2000. No. 409. Р. 141–145.
  5. Melnyk I. V. Reinforced concrete monolithic flat floors with tubular inserts. Bulletin of Lviv National Agrarian University. Architecture and agricultural construction. 2006. Р. 133–140.
  6. Melnyk I. V., Tsarynnyk O. Yu., Sorokhtei V. M. Design and research of flat monolithic floors with effective inserts. Building constructions: collection of scientific works. Kyiv, 2007. Issue 67. Р. 794–801.
  7. Technical operation, reconstruction and modernization of buildings. Ed. by Havryliak A. I. Lviv: Lviv Polytechnic Publishing House, 2006. 540 p.
титулка Екон