Visnyk LNAU: Economics of AIC 2018 №25: 159-163
SOCIAL REPORTS OF COMPANIES AS AN INSTRUMENT OF SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS
Syrotyuk H., Candidate of Economic Sciences
Yankovs’ka K., Candidate of Economic Sciences
Lviv National Agrarian University
The work describes the essence and importance of a social report, which is the main instrument of socially responsible business. Maintenance of social (non-financial) reports is one of the important instruments to improve performance of enterprises in the context of social responsibility. The reports help to rise interest of stakeholders to enterprises performance.
The article determines Ukraine’s position in the UNO rating according to the Human Development Index. In the last rating of 2016, Ukraine took the 84th position and belonged to the countries with a high HDI.
The experience of the developed countries of the world in the formation of social reporting has been researched. Nowadays, principles of social responsibility of business should be the primary task, along with application of foreign experience of social reports completing. Social reports are reports of companies, which include not only information about results of economic activity, but also social and ecological indicators.
It is argued that non-financial reporting in Ukraine is at the stage of development and has a substantial potential, because currently there is insufficient number of companies submitting such kind of reports. The research defines advantages and reasonability of social reporting by Ukrainian companies. It is determined that most of Ukrainian companies do not currently pay much attention to social reporting and do not consider it as an important component of communication with stakeholders.
Development of social reporting and application of the experience of the world developed countries in its completing will help the Ukrainian companies to enter a new stage of social, ecological and economic development.
social reports, social responsibility, human development index, GRI standards, sustainable development
- Bochulia T. V. Innovative development of accounting and analytical support for business management: monograph. Kharkiv, 2015. 404 p.
- Vorobey V., Zhurovska I. Non-financial reporting: the tool of socially responsible business. Global Compact Network Ukraine. Kyiv: Engineering LLC, 2010. 77 p.
- Koryagin M. V., Kutsyk P. O. Problems and prospects of the development of accounting. Kyiv: Interservice, 2016. 276 p.
- Lubascheva O., Suschenko O. Three "P" reports on sustainable development: problems, perspectives, advantages. URL: http://eizvestia.com/uk/ekonomika-ukr/full/488-tri-p-zvitnosti-zi-stalogo-rozvitku-problemi-perspektivi-perevagi (Last accessed: 25.02.18 р.).
- List of countries on HDI. URL: https://uk.wikipedia.org/wiki (Last accessed: 21.02.18 р.).
- CSR Development Center. URL: http://csr-ukraine.org. (Last accessed: 25.02.18 р.).