Visnyk LNAU: Economics of AIC 2018 №25: 87-99
THE VALUE OF ORGANIC AGRICULTURE IN THE RURAL TERRITORIES DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM
Milovanov E., Candidate of Economic Sciences
Federation of Organic Movement of Ukraine
It has been determined that the state of the Ukrainian countryside for many years is characterized by the decrease in the level of employment and professional qualifications of workers, the destruction of rural infrastructure, low income and also well-being of households. Based on the existing experience of the EU countries, the need to support organic agriculture has been demonstrated, which should contribute to the competitiveness of the rural economy, improvement of the environment and quality of life in the rural areas. The dynamics of organic farming development in Ukraine, which now shows the active growth of certified organic acerage and number of organic producers, volumes of production, export and consumption, is analyzed. It is argued that the development of domestic organic farming systems is a key factor in the sustainable development of Ukrainian rural areas. It has been noted that Ukrainian farmers have been practicing organic farming methods for many years and actively supporting all aspects of Ukrainian rural life. Bright examples of the influence of domestic organic agricultural practices on the socio-economic and ecological status of rural communities and localities are presented. It is proved that organic farming is the most promising model of agricultural development nowadays, which combines ancient practical knowledge of traditional agriculture with the very latest scientific achievements. The Number of recommendations has been proposed, the implementation of which to provide better opportunities to preserve Ukrainian village as a complete environment for life and work for future generations of peasants and strengthen the basis for sustainable development of agriculture and national economy of Ukraine as a whole.
organic agriculture, rural areas, balanced development, European experience, agricultural production, organic products
- Organic Milk Plant: A Strong Business Born In Crisis (2017). Latifundist. URL: https://latifundist.com/spetsproekt/362-zavod-organik-milk-silnyj-biznes-rozhdaetsya-v-krizis (Last accessed: 25.10.2013).
- Nepochattenko, O. (2012). State policy in the field of rural development: domestic realities and European experience. Scientific works of the Poltava State Agricultural Academy. Series: Economic Sciences. 2012. Vol. 3, P. 149–153 (in Ukrainian).
- Novak N. P. Organic enterprises as an important factor in sustainable development and increasing the marketing potential of rural areas. Scientific Herald of Kherson State University. 2016. Vol. 19/2. P. 79–81 (in Ukrainian).
- Organic in Ukraine. Official website of Organic Federation of Ukraine. URL: http://www.organic.com.ua/en/homepage/2010-01-26-13-42-29 (Last accessed: 23.10.2018).
- Official website of PE "Agroecology" (2018). URL: http://www.agroecology.in.ua/company (Last accessed: 25.10.2018).
- Pisarenko V. M., Antonets A. S., Lukyanenko G. V., Pisarenko P. V. (2017). The system of organic agriculture of the agroecologist Semen Antonets. Poltava, 2017. 124 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Milovanov E. V., Martyniuk M. P., Kovaleva O. V., Khodakivska O. V. Regional support for organic production in Ukraine. Kyiv: Organic Print, 2018. 56 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Subluk P. T. Development of rural territories in the context of providing economic stability of the state. Economy of the agroindustrial complex. 2005. N 11. P. 4–12 (in Ukrainian).
- Development Strategy of the Baranivka Territorial Community. URL: https://www.csi.org.ua/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Brochure-Strategy.pdf (Last accessed: 26.10.2018).
- Tarasovich L. V. Organic production as a vector of diversification of the rural economy. Materials of the participants reports of the 3rd International Scientific and Practical Conference "Organic Production and Food Safety". Zhytomyr: Polissya, 2015. P. 211–214 (in Ukrainian).
- Territorial Communities and Shareholders (2018). Official Website of the Arnika Agro-Industrial Group. URL: http://arnikaorganic.com/organic/territorial-communities-and-units (Last accessed: 25.10.2018).
- Tkachuk V. A. Sustainable development of rural territories: national, regional and local levels: monograph. Kyiv: Comprint, 2013. 340 p. (in Ukrainian).
- Ukraine Organic. Magazine ORGANIC.UA. No. 01–03 (43) '2018. P. 16–19.
- Formation of the rural areas sustainable development system: monograph. Kyiv, 2013. 316 p. (in Ukrainian).
- The number of available population of Ukraine as of January 1, 2018. Statistical collection of the State Statistics Service of Ukraine. URL: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/druk/publicat/kat_u/2018/zb/06/zb_chnn2018pdf.pdf (Last accessed: 25.10.2018).
- Yurchyshyn V.V. (2011). Village and countryfolk of Ukraine in the system of historically and socially predetermined national values. Economy of agroindustrial complex. 2011.Vol. 2, P. 87–99 (in Ukrainian).
- Lobley M., Butler A., Reed M. The contribution of organic farming to rural development: An exploration of the socio-economic links of organic and non-organic farms in England. Land Use Policy. 2009. Vol. 26, Is. 3, P. 723–735 (in English).
- Organic Agriculture and Rural Development (2018). Official website of the International Federation of Organic Agricultural Movements. URL: http://feder.bio/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/rural_development_en.pdf (Last accessed: 25.10.2018).
- Rural development 2014-2020 (2018). European Commission. Available at https://ec.europa.eu/agriculture/rural-development-2014-2020_en (Last accessed: 25.10.2018).
- Sima E. Impact of organic farming promotion on sustainable rural development. Agricultural Economics and Rural Development: New Series. 2009. Year VI, N 2, P. 217–233 (in English).