Visnyk LNAU: Economics of AIC 2018 №25: 51-56
PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF UKRAINE’S EXPORT OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTS IN THE EUROPEAN UNION MARKET
Yanyshyn Ya., Candidate of Economic Sciences
Lviv National Agrarian University
Integration into the European community, specifically the access to the European market for the Ukrainian products, is an important aspect of the Ukraine’s economy development. After signing the Agreement on the free trade with the EU countries, there are revealing the prospects for Ukraine and its national companies to accommodate to the EU countries’ markets gradually and to increase the quality and safety levels and the ecological properties of the Ukrainian Agriculture products as well as to improve the situation with the state food security.
There are researched the essential points of forming the state export policy, specifically focusing on exploring the uttermost problems of carrying out the agricultural products export to the EU countries. There are analyzed the problems of allocating and filling the tariff quotas for exports of the agriculture products on the European market.
The research of problems of export development of Ukrainian agricultural products to the EU countries can be distinguished: low level of support of agricultural producers by the state, which causes the inability of their full development to enter foreign markets; non-conformity of quality agricultural products with international standards, caused by non-compliance with environmental norms for the use of mineral fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides, etc. in the production of agricultural products; trouble free procedure for certification of agricultural products. For example, in order to export chicken or pork to Germany, it is necessary to provide at the customs office about ten different certificates, including data on pollutants in food products, monitoring of residual pesticides, residues of veterinary medicinal products in live animals and products, to withstand labeling requirements, etc.; low level of use the scientific developments in the field of agriculture and attraction the scientific potential for the development of agrarian production; lack of knowledge of agricultural producers about the possibilities to export agrarian products.
Proceeding from the researched material, the ways for solving the main problems of the agriculture products export to the EU countries are suggested.
agricultural products, export, European market, tariff quota
- Verstyak O. M. The main directions of development of foreign economic relations of Ukraine. Bulletin of the Chernivtsi Trade and Economic Institute. Economic sciences. 2014. Vol. 2. P. 49–58.
- Requirements of European retail chains to national agricultural and food products imported into the EU. URL: http://www.chamber.kr.ua/images/expimp/Vimogi%20jevropejskix%20torgovix%20merezh%20do%20nacionalnoji%20silskogospodarskoji%20ta%20xarchovoji%20produkciji,%20scho%20importujetsja%20v%20JeS.pdf (Last accessed: 22.02.2018).
- Vyshnevska O. M., Doroh E. G. Directions of improvement of the process of realization of agricultural products. Economic space. 2013. N 74. P. 82–92.
- Opening markets in the EU. URL: http://www.cci.zp.ua/images/pdf/open-market_EU_ODF_2014.pdf (Last accessed: 22.02.2018).
- Hanza I. V. Export potential of domestic enterprises of agroindustrial complex in the discourse of integration into the European market. Global and national problems of the economy.2015. N 5. P. 116–121.
- Kvasha S. M., Vlasov V. I., Krivenko N.V. et. al. Export and import of agricultural products in Ukraine: state and trends. Kyiv: NSC IAE, 2013. 80 p.
- EU tariff quotas for imports from Ukraine. URL: http://www.beratergruppe-ukraine.de/wordpress/wp-content/uploads2014/06/PB_06_2015_ukr.pdf (Last accessed: 22.02.2018).