Visnyk LNAU: Architecture and Farm Building 2020 №21: 75-80
NATURAL LANDSCAPE AS A PRINCIPAL FACTOR OF ESTABLISHMENT OF ARCHITECTURAL-SPATIAL ORGANIZATION OF RURAL SETTLEMENTS
Stepaniuk А. , PhD of Architecture
Lviv National Agrarian University
Kachmar V., Senior teacher
Lviv National Agrarian University
The issue of cohabitation of people and environment, their mutual impact is of urgent importance. Improvement of ecological conditions of rural territories requires people’s careful attitude to natural resources in their city planning activity, while projecting and constructing buildings and constructions, their complexes and planning of settled territories. Thus, it is necessary to study and analyze the impact of natural conditions on shaping of rural settlements, and particularly natural landscape as a principal shape-generating factor for modern projecting.
Geographical landscape of the modern area of Lviv region has best contributed to establishment of settlements, which have been already existing for more than a thousand years.
Natural landscape is an important factor for establishment of the planning structure of those settlements. A human being has adapted himself/herself to its peculiarities for his/her life, development and safety, using natural protective obstacles and making no harm to the environment but integrating with it.
In the age of total urbanization, the anthropogenic impact on the environment causes ecological crisis of the society. To cease the negative consequences of that impact while solving city-planning problems on architectural-spatial shaping of the settled territories, modern architects should improve the heritage of many generations, secure optimal conditions of cohabitation of people and environment, do not destroy natural landscape, but supply an opportunity to recover and function in a proper way.
To make analysis and comparison, it is reasonable to choose villages in the southern-eastern part of Lviv region with different topographic situations. The research has confirmed importance of natural landscape as a principal shape-generating factor of the planning structure of rural settlements.
natural landscape, planning structure of a village, architectural-spatial organization of rural settlements
- Habrel M. M. Spatial organization of city-planning systems. Kyiv: Publishing house A.C.C., 2004. 399 p.
- Posatskyi B. S. Fundamentals of urban planning. Part II. Planning and building up of cities. Lviv: Published by Lviv Polytechnic National University, 2001. 243 p.
- Stepaniuk A. V. Architectural-planning reconstruction of central villages of the primary system of settlement. Lviv: Lviv National Agrarian University, 2012. 270 p.
- Horishnii P., Kret M. Topographic situations and planning structures of settled area of Roztochchia. Journal of Lviv University: series geography. 2013. Issue 41. P. 99–108. https://doi.org/10.30970/vgg.2013.41.1936
- Dyda I. A. Importance and place of nature in the architecture of Ukraine. Journal of Lviv Polytechnic National University. 2006. № 568. Architecture. P. 317–323.
- History of Ukrainian architecture / еdited by V. Tymofiienko. Kyiv: Techniques, 2003. 471 p.
- Geographic encyclopedia of Ukraine / in 3 vol. respons. editor O. M. Marynych. Kyiv: Ukrainian Soviet Encyclopedia named after M.P. Bazhan, 1990.