Visnyk LNAU: Agronomy 2018 №22(2): 112-118
EFFECTIVENESS OF COMBINED APPLICATION OF FUNGICIDES AND NITROGEN FERTILIZERS FOR THE PROTECTION OF WINTER WHEAT AGAINST DISEASES IN THE CONDITIONS OF NORTHERN FOREST-STEPPE
Derecha O., Candidate of Biological Sciences
Gritsyuk N., Candidate of Agricultural Sciences
Bakalova A., Candidate of Agricultural Sciences
Zhytomyr National Agroecological University
The results of researches of studying the influence of joint application of nitrogen fertilizers and systemic fungicides Alto super of 330 EU, KE (0,5 l/ha), Rex Duo, KS (0,4 l/ha) at the IV stage of organogenesis in winter wheat crops to the defeat of the brown leaf rust and Septoria disease in conditions of Northern forest-steppe of Ukraine. Depending on the degree of defeat of plants of winter wheat brown rust grain weight of winter wheat decreases from 52 to 31 g, a at a lesion Septoria leaf spot – from 52 to 30 g. So, when 5–10 % of the infection of plants by brown leaf rust and Septoria grain weight is reduced by 15,4–17,3 per cent compared to non-affected plants, and if the degree of infestation up to 25 % – respectively 30,1–34,6 %. The greatest decrease in the grain mass – up to 40,3–42,3 %, was observed when the extent of damage from correspond 26–50 %.
The combined use of nitrogen fertilizers and fungicides significantly increases the resistance of plants of winter wheat to brown leaf rust and Septoria. So, depending on the variants of the experiment, the infestation of crops by diseases in stage ІV has decreased from 27 to 19 %, and at the IX phase of organogenesis from 48 % to 26 %. The smallest lesion of plants by brown rust and Septoria blotch were observed on the joint application of nitrogen fertilizer N30 and fungicides Alto super of 330 EU, KE (0,5 l/ha), Rex Duo, KS (0,4 l/ha), where the degree of damage at the IV stage of organogenesis decreased by 5–7 % in comparison with the control variant, and at ІХ – at 15–21 %, respectively.
Found that foliar application of nitrogen fertilizer in the calculation N30 кg/ha of active substance by treatment with fungicides gives the possibility to restrict intensive development of brown leaf rust and Septoria and provides a yield increase of 1,1–1,3 t/ha. In addition, integrated use of fertilizers and fungicides gives the possibility to obtain net profit 10940–11600 thousand UAH/ha, with payback 3 times, which is economically advantageous.
winter wheat, brown leaf rust, septoria, fungicides, fertilizer, foliar feeding
- Lisovyi M. P., Lysenko S. V., Sekun M. P. Security features. Forecast of the phytosanitary state of Ukrainian agrocenoses and recommendations on plant protection. Kyiv, 1997. Р. 4–5.
- Dudka Ye. L., Pinchuk N. I., Yavdoshchenko M. P. Septoriosis of winter wheat in the Steppe of Ukraine. Bulletin of the Institute of grain cereals. 2000. No 12–13. Р. 45–49.
- Lysenko S. V., Kolomiets S. I. Septoriosis of leaves. Effect of micro-climate of the grass on the development of disease in winter wheat crops. Bulletin of the Institute of grain cereals. 1998. No. 3. P. 8.
- Kovalishina G. M. Influence of meteorological factors on the degree of defeat of Myroni varieties of winter wheat by brown rust. Plant protection and quarantine. 2006. Vol. 52. Р. 101–109.
- Zhukova L. V., Miroshnichenko V. С. Efficiency of fungicides in protecting winter wheat from septeriosis. Herald KhNAU. Phytopathology and entomology. 2016. No. 1–2.
- Choni S. Septoriosis of winter wheat. What to expect in the spring? Agribusiness today. 2015. No. 1–2. P. 42–45.
- Retman S.V. Parsnips of winter wheat. Kyiv: Kolobig, 2010. 232 p.
- Dermenko O. P., Panchenko Yu. S., Gavrilyuk L. L. Dangerous disease of winter wheat Leaf rust (Puccinia recondita Rob. Ex Desm. F. sp. tritici): distribution and development in the forest-steppe of Ukraine. Quarantine and plant protection. 2012. No. 11. P. 4–7.
- Dermenko O. P., Panchenko, Yu. S., Gavrilyuk L. L. Protection of winter wheat from brown leaf rust. Quarantine and plant protection. 2013. No. 5. P. 9–11.
- Gyganov A. R., Batyrshaev E. M., Wildflush I.R. Influence of complex application of mineral fertilizers and plant protection products on the intensity of production processes, yield and quality of grain of winter triticale. Soil science and agrochemicals. 2013. No. 1(50). P. 146–156.
- Influence of technological techniques on the phytosanitary condition, yield and quality of barley in the Polissya / O. V. Chayka et al. Herald of ZNAEU. 2010. № 1. P. 1–11.
- Gulyaeva G. B., Bogdan M. M., Karpenko V. P. The influence of foliar nutrition with complex microfertilizers on the photochemical activity of soft wheat leaves. Plant protection and quarantine. 2015. Vol. 61. P. 64–71.
- Intensive technologies cultivation of cereals and industrial crops / ed. by A. I. Zinchenko and I. M. Karasyuk. Kyiv: Higher school, 1988. 327 p.
- Sandetska N. V., Topchiy T. V. Efficiency of joint application of fungicides and foliar application of fertilizers in protecting winter wheat from mushroom diseases. Plant physiology and genetics. 2014. T. 46. No. 2. P. 171–178.
- Triebel S., Getman M., Strygun A. et al. Methodology for evaluation of resistant varieties of wheat against pests and diseases. Kyiv: Kolobig, 2010. 329 p.