Visnyk LNAU: Agronomy 2018 №22(2): 103-106
THE EFFICIENCY OF FUNGICIDES FOR PROTECTION OF MIDDLE-LATE MATURITY VARIETIES OF POTATO IN EDUCATIONAL-SCIENTIFIC CENTRE OF LVIV NAU
Holiachuk Yu., Candidate of Biological Sciences
Kosylovych H., Candidate of Biological Sciences
Lviv National Agrarian University
AnnotationThe late blight and early blight are the most spread diseases of potato in conditions of Western Forest-Steppe of Ukraine. Their development is manifested every year. The chemical method is one of more efficient methods for protect against dominant causal organisms of diseases. The choice of efficient fungicides against diseases is important and actual task. In our research we used middle-late maturity potato varieties Chervona Ruta (included to State Register of Plant Varieties of Ukraine, originator – Institute of Potato of NAAS of Ukraine) and Zvaba (perspective variety breeded by Lviv National Agrarian University). Four variants with two-timed applications of fungicides are tested. These variants were compared with control in which plants were sprayed by water. A late blight and an early blight in condition of ESC of Lviv NAU in 2016–2017 had the largest part in potato diseases structure. It was on rate 32–47 %. Other fungal diseases had 14 %, bacterial and viral diseases – from 2 to 5 %. Application of fungicides Antracol WP 70 or Consento SC 450 at plant height 15–20 sm and Consento SC 450 or Nautil WG 73 at budding-flowering phase decreased diseases development at 4,1–5,6 rates in comparison with control. The treatments by tested fungicides provided the high level of technical efficiency – 74,8–84,1 %. The productivity of middle-late maturity varieties Chervona Ruta and Zvaba in average in experiment was 30,6 and 32,1 t/ha, appropriately. Application of tasted fungicides provided the overhead yield in comparison with control on rate 7,4–10,0 t/ha. The highest yield was at application of fungicides Antracol WP 70 and Nautil WG 73 on potato variety Zvaba – 34,2 t/ha.
potato, middle-late variety, late blight, early blight, fungicides, technical efficiency, prod
- Holiachuk Yu. S. The infection’s sources of a late blight of potato in the conditions of the Western Forest-steppe of Ukraine. Potatoes. 2012. Vol. 41. P. 55–63.
- Ivashchenko O. O., Ivashchenko O. O. Future of plant protection system, ecological aspects. Quarantine and Plant Protection. 2015. № 9. P. 1–4.
- Lisoviy M. P., Retman S. V., Melnychuk F. S. Fungicide resistance of fungi – causal organisms of diseases and ways of its overcome. News of agrarian sciences. 2010. No 9. P. 19–21.
- Melnyk A. T. Selection of potato varieties with economically valuable features and resistance against early blight. Plant Protection and Quarantine. 2014. Vol. 60. P. 220–226.
- Sergienko V. G. System of potato protection against pests. User Ukrainian Farmer. 2008. P. 148–153.