Visnyk LNAU: Agronomy 2018 №22(2): 79-82
The growth of the introduced apple varieties on M 9 rootstock in conditions of the Forest-Steppe of Ukraine
Slobodianyk L., Candidate of Agricultural Sciences
Uman National University of Horticulture
While the variety is choosing for modern orchards take into consideration characteristics of the vigor with has influence for scheme of planting and further crop management. The necessity is arising for research of new varieties and clones which appear last time.
Our research was conducted in the research orchard of Uman’ NUH. Young trees were planted in 2015. The rootstock is M 9. Planting scheme is 4×1 m with trellis and without irrigation. We studied introduced apple varieties ′Bellida′, ′Gold Chief′ (′Gold Chief® Gold Pink′), ′Erovan′ (′EаrlуRed One®′), ′Red Jonaprince′ (′Wilton’s®′, ′Red Prince®′), ′Fuji Fubrax′ (′Fuji Kiku®Fubrax′), ′Honeycrisp′ (′Honey Crisp′, ′Honeycrunch®′), ′Florina′ (′Querina®′, control). The system of inter-row spacing maintenance was black soil. The rows spacing were mulched by straw.
It was determined that most of varieties characterized of predominance of growth processes: increase of steam was fixed from 4,3 to 10,8 mm, volume of crown was observes from 0,17 to 0,91 cubic meter and projection of crown was from 0,36 to 0,74 square meters with higher value due to ′Bellida′, ′Fuji Fubrax′, ′Honeycrisp′ and weak growth due to ′Red Jonaprince′ and ′Florina′. Change of the average length of shoots was depended from number of them during research years’ and was equal 0,35–0,50 m with longer shoots due to ′Fuji Fubrax′ and ′Honeycrisp′. It was fixed significant excess of the number of spurs due to ′Fuji Fubrax′ and ′Honeycrisp′ trees compare with other ones. The studied varieties had high awakening of the buds and high sprout-forming ability.
apple, modern orchards, M 9 rootstock, variety, clone, parameters of crown, stem, average length of the shoot, spur
- The program and methodic of the varieties research of the horticultural, small-fruit and nut crops / by red. E. N. Sedov and T. P. Ogoltsova. Orel: VNIISPK, 1999. 608 p.
- Melnyk O. V. Intensive apple orchard: planting and crop management. The news of gardening. 2017. № 3. P. 40.
- Tsybulska S. Seven the most popular apple varieties in Europe. Proposytsiya. 01.11.2017. URL: propozitsiya/ua/sim-naypopulyarnishih-sortiv-yabluk-v-ievropi (Last accessed: 27.02.2018).
- Melnyk O. V., Melekhova I. O. Change of the apple assortment. The news of gardening. 2011. №4. P. 25–27.
- Melnyk O. V., Lychenkova I. O. New varieties of apple: clones of Red Delicious. The news of gardening. 2015. № 1. P. 34–37.
- Kruczyńska D. Nowe odmiany jabłoni. Hortpress Sp. zo. o. 2008. P. 92–97.
- Apples. Unece standard FFV-50. United nations. New York and Geneva, 21.11.2016. 17 p. URL: https://www.unece.org/fileadmin/DAM/trade/agr/ standard/ fresh/FFV-Std/ English/50Apples_ 2016_E.pdf (Last accessed: 29.11.2017)
- Apple. Vivai ZANZI. С. 120−128. URL: http://www.vivaizanzi.it/UserFiles/ File/brochure/Melo-RU-vivai-zanzi.pdf (Last accessed: 29.11.2017).
- Kruczyńska D. Od McIntosh’a do Gold Milenium. URL: file:///C:/Users/User/ Downloads/Od%20McIntosh'a%20do%20Gold%20Milenium%20-%20dr%20D.% 20Kruczy%C5%84ska.pdf (Last accessed: 27.02.2018).
- New mutants of the Fuji is making possible to enlarge the producing zone. European Fruit Magazine. 2012. № 7−8. P. 16−17.
- Makosz E., Podymniak M. Odmiany jabłoni do sadόw towarowych. Lublin, 2011. 83 s.
- Apples. Unece standard FFV-50. United nations. New York and Geneva, 10.11.2014. 24 p. URL: https://www.unece.org/fileadmin/DAM/trade/ agr/standard/ fresh/FFV-Std/Russian/50Apples_2014.pdf (дата звернення: 14.11.2017).
- The methodic of the state scientific-and-technological expertise of agricultural types for aptitude for expansion Ukraine. Kyiv, 2013. T. 5. 82 p.
- Kudryavets R. P. Formation and pruning fruit trees. Moscow, 1976.164 p.