Visnyk LNAU: Agronomy 2018 №22(2): 64-66
Ways to elimination of the apical domination of broad beans in the conditions of Western Forest-Steppe of Ukraine
Bagay T., Degree-seeking Student
Lviv National Agrarian University
The apical domination from an agronomic point of view is a negative and harmful phenomenon and consists in the domination of an apical growth over the growth of lateral shoots and kidneys. As a result, plants are drawn to a height, become prone to damping off, are more affected by illness, falling (abortion) of flowers and fruits occurs. Reducing the effects of the apical growth is one of the sources of increasing productivity and quality indicators of agricultural crops and in particular broad beans.
A brief analysis of scientific research on this topic was conducted. The history of synthesis, the theoretical basis of the use of potassium salt and hydrazide of maleic acid (HMA), its biochemical mechanism of an action on plants and cells were provided.
Methods of the elimination of apical domination in plants of broad beans are shown. It was established that the highest yield indicators of the grain of broad beans ensure the putting of HMA at a concentration of 0,4 % and chasing (variants 4 and 6) and it becomes 4,50 and 4,55 t/ha. At the same time, on these variants, one of the indices of individual productivity of broad bean plants, namely, M1000 grains (variant 4 by 45 g and variant 6 by 31 g) compared with control, decreased.
Considering the complexity of realization of chasing and the lack of a suitable agricultural machinery, we recommend the putting of HMA in a concentration of 0,4 % as a method of eliminating the apical domination.
broad beans, hydrazide of maleic acid, apical domination, chasing
- Dospekhov B. A. Methods of field experiment. Moscow: Kolos, 1965. 422 p.
- Kobak S. Ya. Formation of a crop of broad beans depending on the factors of intensification in the conditions of the Forest-Steppe of Ukraine. News of agrarian sciences, 2003. Special issue. P. 86–88.
- Broad beans: collection of articles. Moscow, 1962. 318 p.
- Kostiuk O. Formation of green beans crop depending on chasing of vegetable bean planting in the conditions of the Right Bank Forest-steppe of Ukraine. News of Lviv National Agrarian University. Series: Agronomy. 2013. No. 17(2). P. 140–144.
- Kutovenko V. B., Kanivets O. V. Effect of chasing (pinching) of vegetable bean plant apices on the friendliness of the onset of the technical and biological ripeness of beans. Scientific News of the National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine. 2011. No. 162. Part 1. P. 220–223.
- Lykhochvor V., Borysiuk V., Bahai T., Ivaniuk V., Panasiuk O. Influence of hydrothermal conditions of the Western Forest-steppe of Ukraine on the growth and development of broad beans under various norms of mineral fertilizers. News of Lviv National Agrarian University. Series: Agronomy. 2015. No. 19. P. 124–127.
- Rokytyn Yu. V. Hydrazide of maleic acid as a plant growth regulator / Yu. V. Rokytyn. Moscow: Publishing house Science, 1973. 367 p.
- Rubyn B. A. Physiology of agricultural plants. Moscow: Publishing house Moscow University, 1970. 653 p.
- Tikhankov I. H. Hydrazide of maleic acid – a physiologically active compound of a wide spectrum of activity. News of Lviv University. Biological series, 2008. No. 47. P. 3–20.