Visnyk LNAU: Agronomy 2018 №22(2): 47-49
Influence of foliar top dressing on yield of sugar beet
Lykhоchvor V., Doctor of Agricultural Sciences
Dudar I., Candidate of Agricultural Sciences
Bomba M., Candidate of Agricultural Sciences
Lytvyn О., Candidate of Agricultural Sciences
Lviv National Agrarian University
It was analyzed the results of research on the influence of the sugar beet foliar application, within the prescribed period of vegetation by different forms and norms of micronutrients on the yield formation and quality of roots in the western foreststeppes of Ukraine
It is lately recommended to make foliar nutrition of sugar beets for a partial substitution of the deficiency of macro and microelements and their more efficient application. Such measure stimulates growth processes and positively influences sugar-accumulation. Thus, study of the effects of “Intermag” fertilizers on yield capacity and quality of root crops is an actual problem.
Fertilization is the most efficient factor to increase yield capacity and quality of sugar beets products. Considering high sensitivity of crops to microelements supply, foliar nutrition is an integral part of growing technology.
Foliar nutrition is a supplementary tool of fertilizer application, not the main one. Degree and speed of nutrients absorption by leaves from fertilizers is much higher as compared to their application from the fertilizers, applied in soil, where they can be complexed into unavailable compounds.
On the base of the main mineral nutrition of sugar beets, efficiency of application of Intermag mineral fertilizers is obvious. Foliar nutrition of plants with the complex of Intermag Buriak (2 l/ha) + Intermag Bor (1,0 l/ha) + Intermag Tytan (0,2 l/ha) + Intermag Sirka (3 l/ha) in the phases of 4-8 and 10–12 leaves substantially improves productivity of sugar beets as compared to the control.
sugar beets, foliar nutrition, forms of trace elements, terms of introduction, rates of introduction, yield, sugar content
- Zherdetsky I. M. Indigenous introduction of microfertilizers as a way to increase the productivity of sugar beet. Sugar beets. 2008. № 3-4. P. 35–37.
- Karpuk L. M. Indigenous nutrition is a reserve for improving sugar beet productivity. Machinery and technology of agroindustrial complex. 2013. № 6. P. 22–25.
- Krylova G. I., Lopushnyak V. I., Danylyuk V. B. Influence of microelements on the productivity of sugar beet. Collection of sciences works of Uman DAU.Part 1.Agronomy. Whip 61. Uman, 2005. P. 259–263.
- Likhоchvor V. V. Mineral fertilizers and their application. Lviv: Ukrainian Technologie, 2008. 109 p.
- Likhоchvor V. V., Dudar I. F., Bombа M. I., Litvin O. F., Dudar O. O. The yield of sugar beet depends on the puff pastry. Scientists of the Lviv National Agrarian University of Production: catalog of innovations / For co. Ed. VV Snitinsky, I. B. Yatsiva Vp.17. Lviv: Lviv. nats agrar Unt., 2017. S. 23.
- Filonenko S. V. Productivity and technological qualities of sugar beet root crops depending on foliar fertilization of microfertilizers. Bulletin of the Poltava State Agrarian Academy. 2008. № 2. P. 47–52.