Visnyk LNAU: Agronomy 2018 №22(2): 43-46
The yield of Cicer arietinum varieties depending upon fertilizers rates
Lykhochvor V., Doctor of Agricultural Sciences
Lviv National Agrarian University
Pushchak V., Post-graduate Student
Institute of Agriculture Carpathian region NAAS
Leguminous crops are one of the most important sources of vegetable protein for human nutrition and feeding animals. In Ukraine sown areas of soybean and peas prevail. In recent years producers interest is grown by such crop as cicer arietinum. It belongs to perspective crops. Over the past 10 years, the area of crops has increased by more than 10 times and is 50 – 70 t/ha. In the conditions of the Western Forest-Steppe of Ukraine, the technology of cicer arietinum cultivation has not been sufficiently studied, as evidenced by the low yield of grain. Therefore, it is important to study the productivity of new varieties of this crop, in particular, to establish optimum seeding conditions of sufficient moisture.
The results of researches as to the study of productivity of cicer arietinum varieties depending upon sowing rates are determined. It should be noted that the highest yield of the variety Yarina – 2,82–3,40 t/ha was formed among other cicerarietinum varieties. It is bigger considerably comparing with Pamyat and Triumf varieties. In the conditions of the Western Forest-Steppe the highest yield of cicer arietinum was obtained at the sowing rate – 0,8 mln/ha, but the decrease of sowing rates caused the decrease of seeds yield.
It remained high in the range of sowing rates of 0,7–0,9 million/ha. In conditions of sufficient moisture, the lowest yield, as expected, was at the minimum sowing rates. Thus, if the variant with a sowing rate of 0,8 million hectares the yield of Yarina variety is 3,40 t/ha sowing rate of 0,4 million has decreased up to 2,82 tons per hectare, or but with 0,58 t/ha. A similar reqularity was observed as to the other varieties.
For sowing rates of 0,9; 0,8 and 0,7 million/ha the difference ces ti the is small. The largest increase of the yield in all varieties occurred with an increase of sowing rates from 0,4 to 0,5 million/ha, where it was 0,22–0,27 t/ha. Next increases in sowing rates provided lower yields. The maximum yield rate even decreased, compared with the rates of 0,8 million/ha.
cicer arietinum, variety, sowing rate, yield
- Adamenko T. I. Change of agro climatic conditions and their impact on grain economy. Agronomist. 2006. №3. P. 12–13.
- Babich A. A., Poberezhna A. A. The problem of fodder protein and its solutions in the regions. Foothills and mountain farming and animal husbandry: Intersection thematic volume sciences 2001. 43 (1). P. 11–15
- Balashov V. V., Khabarov M. A. Agricultural technologies and scientific support of intensification of agriculture at the present stage. Moscow, 2005. P. 208–209.
- Davidovich S. V. Biology of Agrotechnologies of Cicer arietinum Growing: Recommendations for the Effective Use of Microbial Drugs. Simferopol: PE Eremina V. G., 2010. 36 p.
- Bodnar G.V. Leguminous crops. Moscow: Kolos, 1977. 256 p.
- Bushulyan O. V., Sichkar V. I. Cicer arietinum: genetics, breeding, seed production, technology of cultivation. Odessa: SGI - NCSS, 2009. 248 p.
- Bushulyan O. V., Sichkar V. I. Modern technology of nut growth. Odessa: SGI - NTSNS, 2011. 31 p.
- Buyanin V. I., Kucherov V. С. For dandruff, it's not a problem. Agriculture. 1990. № 10. P. 62.
- Draganchuk M. Cicer arietinum: Agricultural Technology of Growing. Farm. 2011. № 35(547). P. 18.
- Petrichenko V. F., Likhchvor V. V. Plant growing. Technology of growing crops. 4th type., Corrections, reports. Lviv: Ukrainian Technologies, 2014. 1040 s.
- Skitskyi V. Yu., Gerasimova Yu. I. The analysis of the Cicer arietinum collection for use of increasing productivity in technology during growing. Genetic resources of plants. 2010. № 8. P. 40–45.
- Tanchyk S. P., Dmitrishak M. Ya., Alimov D. M. Technologies of production of crop production. Kyiv: Publishing House "Word", 2008. 1000 p.