Visnyk LNAU: Agronomy 2018 №22(2): 29-33
Influence of sowing time and seeding rate on the weeding and winter barley agrophytocenosis productivity
Tkachuk V., Candidate of Agricultural Sciences
Institute of Agriculture Polissia
Tymoshchuk T., Candidate of Agricultural Sciences
Grytsyuk N., Candidate of Agricultural Sciences
Kotelnytska А., Post-graduate Student
Zhytomyr National Agroecological University
The article presents the autumn season growth characteristics of winter barley under Polissya conditions depending on sowing time and seeding rate.
The years of investigation have proved that the crops of the first sowing time (September 10) after growing season have the highest growth and development indicators in contrast to crops of the next sowing time.
It was investigated that after stopping the autumn growing season the mass of aboveground and underground parts of 100 winter barley plants sown in optimal time (September 20) was 5,1 and 12,5 times higher in comparison with the plants of later date sowing (October 10) respectively.
The results of the research indicate that the terms of sowing and the rules for winter barley sowing are important elements of the technology of cultivation.
The level of presence of weeds in agrocenosis of winter barley and grain yield can be regulated by the timing of sowing and optimal seeding rates.
After the restoration of the vegetation in the spring for the first sowing date (September 10), the inflorescence of winter barley crops was at 622–663 pcs./m2.
The predominant species of weeds in agrophytocenoses of winter barley were Capsella bursa-pastoris L., Viola tricolor L., Tripleurospermum inodorum L., Centaurea cyanus L. and Apera spica venti L.
The winter barley sowing on later than optimal date (October 10) leads to an increase in the weed-infested crops at the end of growing season in 1,4–1,5 times. The increase of seeding rate by 0,5–1,0 million of germinable seeds per hectare ensures the decrease of weeds by 6–20 %.
The winter barley showed the highest grain yield (3,60–3,67 t/ha) when sown on September 20at, which was 16–20 % higher than in winter barley sown on October 10.
Improvement of ecological conditions of plant growth and development, the decrease of agrophytocenosis weediness and productivity of winter barley under conditions of Ukrainian Polissya provides the sowing before the optimal date (September 10–20).
winter barley, weeds, sowing time, seeding rate, yield
- Altuhov A. Ways to increase the profitability of grain production. AIC: economics, management. 2008. № 2. P. 11–14.
- Bodak I. State regulation of food safety at regional and national levels. Proceedings of VNAU.Agricultural Science and Food Technology. 2013. № 2(27). P. 154–157.
- Gamayunova V., Litovchenko A., Muzyka N. The meaning of forecrop in formation of productivity of winter crops in the Southern Steppe of Ukraine. Herald of ZNAEU. 2016. № 1(53). P. 80–87.
- Kernasyuk Yu. Market for barley: development potential. URL: http://agro-business.com.ua/agro/ekonomichnyihektar/item/7950-rynok-iachmeniu-potentsial-rozvytku.html (Last accessed:15.02.2018).
- Gudzenko V. Evaluation of winter barley breeding lines for productivity and adaptability under environments of Forest-Steppe of Ukraine. Selection and seed production. 2014. Issue. 106. С. 13–23.
- Artemenko S. Winter barley: the best yield after soy. URL: http://propozitsiya.com/ua/ozimiy-yachmin-naykrashchiy-urozhay-pislya-soyi (Last accessed: 15.02.2018).
- Gorash O. Managing The production processof brewing barley : monograph. Kamyanets-Podilsky: Medybory–2006, 2010. 368 p.
- Lyhochvor V., Petrychenko V. Plant growing. Modern intensive technologies of growing the main field crops. Lviv: Ukrainian technologies, 2006. 730 p.
- Yarchuk I., Bozhko V., Мoroz О. Winter barley cold-resistance and productivity depending on sowing terms and rates. News of Poltava State Agrarian Academy.2015. № 3. P. 54–57.
- Chuvarleeva G., Korotkov V., Vasyukov P. Influence of terms and norms of sowing on winter barley yield. Agriculture. 2008. № 2. P.32.
- Sustantiation of optimum terms and norms of winter barley sowing / Alabushev A. et al. Agriculture. 2007. № 3. P.28–29.
- Chaika O., Tymoshchuk T. The dependence of mildew development and spring barley productivity on sowing terms. Herald of ZNAEU. 2014. № 1(39). P. 93–99.
- Tkachuk V., Storozhuk V., Tymoshchuk T. Weeding and winter wheat agrophytocenosis productivity depending on sowing time and seeding rate. Herald of ZNAEU. 2017. № 1(58), vol. 1. P. 69–79.
- Tribel S. O, Sigaryova D. D., Sekun M. P. Methods of testing and use of pesticides. Lviv: Svit, (2001). 448 p.
- Dospyehov B. Field experiment technique. Моscow: Kolos, 1985. 351 p.