Visnyk LNAU: Architecture and Farm Building 2018 №19: 136-139
IMPACT OF TRANSPORT NETWORKS ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF RURAL AREAS AS A PRIORITY OF THE SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC STRATEGY OF THE STATE
L. Hnes, PhD of Architecture
Lviv National Agrarian University
Developing market economy and European values in Ukraine, there are principles which are aimed at resolving social and economic requirements in areas that are designed to promote their efficient development. One of the principles of balanced development is the creation of a transport network, which will contribute to the development of the economic sphere of «peripheral territories» as well as social development. The transport network prompts investment attraction and, thanks to this, the territories get impetus for further development.
Nowadays, rural settlements in Ukraine are mostly concentrated along the roads at a distance between 5 and 15 km. Beside this, there is an interconnection between the type of transport network and the settlement pattern. Transport provides the migration mobility of the population, the intensity of land settlement, areas of reconstruction and new development. The transport system is closely interconnected with the development of cities and urban agglomeration, it provides interconnection between cities and rural settlements, and the lack of roads causes the collapse of the whole rural infrastructure.
Comparing the main components of the impact on the development of rural areas, they should be considered from the standpoint of the theory of O. Gutnov, «skeleton and fabric», which are an integral part of the cyclical development and evolutionary dynamics of urban systems, while acting as a forming urban space, with the main components:
- communication framework (network of various categories of roads and their junctions); areas of social activity development fabric filled with a variety of spatially localized functions.
It has been determined that based on the theoretical model of O. Gutnov it could be possible to predict the dynamics of the impact of transport networks on the environment and on the development of existing settlements, to outline the modern system model of rural areas, as integration of subsystems:
On the basis of systematic research, the author analyzes the areas of Zhovkva district, Lviv region which are under the influence of highways and local roads, and notes their more intensive, more diverse development and their greater occupancy within 10-15 km of roads than more distant territories.
transport networks, rural settlements, communication, "skeleton and fabric" for rural settlements, settlement development fabric
- Нnes L.B Modern tendencies of differentiation of the typological structure of rural estates. Creative Urbanism: to the age of urban planning education in Lviv Polytechnic: the count. monograph / ed. G.P. Petrishin Lviv: Publisher of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine: National. University of Technology "Lviv Polytechnic. 2013. Vol. 1.s 431-436.
- Guiding Principles for the Sustainable Spatial Development of the European Continent. Program of the 12th session of the European Conference of Ministers responsible for regional planning. Hanover, 7-8 September 2000 / Council of Europe. URL: https: // rm.coe.int/168070018e p. 2-3 (reference date 08.02.2018)
- European Charter for Regional Spatial Planning (Torremolinos Charter of 1983) .URL: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/902018818 // (date of reference 08.02.2018)
- Bobron N.V. Principles of development of territories in zones of influence of international transport corridors: dis. Ph.D. Lviv, 2015. 203 pp.
- Kuibida V. S., Negro V.A., Tolkanov V.V. Regional development and spatial planning of territories: experience of Ukraine and other member states of the Council of Europe / Kyiv: Kramar, 2009. p. 43
- Gabrel M. M., Khromyak Y.Y., Lisyak N.M. Territorial and Urban Planning Mechanisms for Increasing the Investment Attractiveness of Lviv Region / Management and Entrepreneurship in Ukraine: Stages of Development and Development Issues: Specialists. Vip. Institute of Entrepreneurship and Advanced Technologies / Ministry of Education and Science, Youth and Sport of Ukraine: Lviv Polytechnic National University; rep. Ed. O.E. Kuzmin Lviv: Lviv Polytechnic Publishing House, 2012. p. 137-143.
- Нnes L. B. Socio-economic problems of sustainable development of Ukrainian village. International Scientific Geographical Conference. - Coast: PoliPrint Kft. / Polygraphic center "Lira", 2012.g. I. S. 268-276.
- Gutnov A. E. The evolution of urban planning. Moscow: Stroizdat, 1984. - 256 pp.