Visnyk LNAU: Architecture and Farm Building 2018 №19: 57-60
THE RESULTS OF EXPERIMENTAL RESEARCHES OF CORNER SUPPORTED GLASS PLATES WITH DIFFERENT TYPES OF GLASS, WHICH WORKING ON BENDING
B. Demchyna, Doctor of Technical Sciences
T. Osadchuk, Post-graduate Student
National University "Lviv Polytechnic"
AnnotationThe use of glass meets the requirements of modern architecture applications such as transparency, lightness and aesthetics. With modern look it provides the using of sun light, warmth and energy. Multilayered glass plates can be used as load bearing constructions. Their advantages: environmental friendliness, good soundproofing properties, strength capacity to mechanical, climatic and others loads. The purpose of article is to determine the load bearing capacity and deformability of multilayered glass plates. Specimens were corner supported multilayered glass plates which working on bending under loading on the local area in the middle of plates. Bending tests were performed on a sample with three layers of annealed glass and a sample with one lower layer of tempered glass in tension zone. Glass layers were laminated each to other with EVASAFE interlayer polymer films (Bridgestone). The objectives of the article are: to determine the load bearing capacity, deflection and strains in tension and compression zones for each specimen and to analyze the obtained experimental data. The results of experimental researches in accordance with the test scheme were considered. The fracture patterns of annealed glass was the formation of cross-shaped cracks, tempered glass breakage pattern consisted of small particles of glass. Bending strength and deflections at a given load of specimens were shown in load-deflection curves. The strain profiles along the cross section at height graphs of each plate were plotted. The use of tempered glass in tension zone of multilayered plate provided a larger load bearing capacity and less maximum bending deflection compared to multilayered plate with all layers of annealed glass. The paper may be of a particular interest to the specialists in design.
multilayered (laminated) glass plates, bending tests, strength, deformation capacity (deformability), deflection, strain
- CNR-DT 210/2013. Istruzioni per la Progettazione, l'Esecuzione ed il Controllo di Costruzioni con Elementi Strutturali di Vetro (Guidelines for the Design and Construction of building with Structural Elements of Glass). (CNR), Rome, Italy: Italian National Research Council, 2013. 360 р.
- Ivanov I., Velchev D., Sadowski T., Kne'c M. Computational models of laminated glass plate under transverse static loading. Shell-Like Structures / H. Altenbach, V. Eremeyev (eds.). Berlin, 2011. Vol. 15. P. 469-490.
- Molnar G., Vigh L., Stocker G., Dunai L. Finite element analysis of laminated structural glass plates with polyvinyl butyral (PVB) interlayer. Periodica Polytechnica Civil Engineering. 2012. № 56. P. 35-42.
- Sable L., Skukis E., Japins G., Kalnins K. Correlation between Numerical and Experimental Tests of Laminated Glass Panels with Visco-elastic Interlayer. Procedia Engineering. 2017. № 172. P. 945-952.
- Vallabhan C. V. G., Das Y. C., Magdi M., Asik M., Bailey J. R. Analysis of laminated glass units. Journal of Structural Engineering. 1993. Vol. 119, № 5. P. 1572-1585.
- Demchyna B., Osadchuk T. Research of strength of multilayer glass plates, which work on bending from concentrated load stamp. Interdepartmental scientific and technical collection «Build production». Кyiv: State «Research institute of building production», 2016. № 60. Р. 58–63.
- Demchyna B., Osadchuk T. Strain measurement of laminated glass plates using digital image correlation. Scientific and technical collection «Municipal economy of cities». Series: Engineering and Architecture. Kharkiv: O. M. Beketov National University of Urban Economy in Kharkiv, 2017. № 134. Р. 153–163.
- Demchyna B., Osadchuk T., Demchyna Kh. Bending strength and deformability of multilayered glass plates with different types of glass. Collection of scientific works «Bulletin of Odessa state academy of civil engineering and architecture». Odessa: Odessa State Academy of Civil Engineering and Architecture, 2017. № 69. Р. 30–37.