Visnyk LNAU: Architecture and Farm Building 2018 №19: 61-69
INVESTIGATION OF BEARING CAPACITY AND DEFORMABILITY OF BENT WOOD-CONCRETE BEAMS
Yu. Famulyak., Candidate of Technical Sciences
Lviv National Agrarian University
B. Demchyna, Doctor of Technical Sciences
Kh. Demchyna, Candidate of Technical Sciences
National University "Lviv Polytechnic"
When reconstructing and restoration of existing buildings and structures, it often happens that there is a need to combine, in a single section, materials that are fundamentally different in terms of their properties, durability, durability, and the like. Therefore, interesting and expedient in such conditions would be constructive elements, for example, with a combination of concrete and wood. Such a solution of constructions could also be found widely used in private construction, for the construction of industrial agricultural buildings (cows, calves, pig farms, poultry houses, etc.), in summer cottage construction.
Available studies and developments relate mostly to structural elements made of homogeneous structural materials such as reinforced concrete, metal, wood, polymer composite materials, and the like. To study structures in which in one section, at first glance, incompatible properties are combined, scientists and industrialists pay little attention. Therefore, such designs are not widely used in building practice. As an exception, it is possible to mention steel-concrete and metal-wooden constructions.
The purpose of the study was to prove the possibility of using concrete and wood in one section in beam structural elements and to investigate the bearing capacity and deformability of wood-concrete beams.
During the experiment, five wood-concrete beams with different cross-sectional patterns were investigated, which were grouped into three series. The results of the research proved the possibility of the existence of such span beam structures, indicated the peculiarities of work under load and allowed to make certain recommendations regarding the application and design of such structural elements. For the final conclusion on the use of wood-concrete structures, it is necessary to carry out a number of experimental and theoretical studies.
wood, concrete, load bearing capacity, deformability
- Demchyna B. G., Glavatsky E. V., Korvin V. H. et al. Determination of the bearing capacity of the metal through-through columns for central compression. Collection of scientific works of Lviv Polytechnic National University. 2012. Р. 56-59.
- The use of unconventional reinforcement in foam and aerated concrete elements / Famulyak Yu. еt al. 61 Scientific Conference of the Committee of Civil and Water Engineering of the Polish Academy of Sciences and the PZITB Science Committee, 20-25 September 2015, Bydgoszcz-Krynica: Selected issues of construction and building materials and geotechnics. University Publishers of the University of Technology and Life Sciences in Bydgoszcz, 2015. Р. 45-53.
- Patent of Ukraine for utility model, U2013 08856 IPC E04C 5/02 (2006.01). Spillway foam concrete element. No. 86799, application. July 15, 2013; has published January 10, 2014. Bull No. 1.
- Demchyna B. G., Peleshko I. D., Ivanayek V.M. еt al. Test joints of steel thin-walled profiles. Bulletin of the Odessa State Academy of Civil Engineering and Architecture. 2013. Is. 47. Р. 269-274.
- The experience of manufacturing rain-fed beams, reinforced with non-metallic reinforcement / Demchyna B. G. еt al. Bulletin DonNACEA: contemporary building materials, structures and innovative technologies of buildings and constructions. Makiyivka, 2010. Is. 85. P. 193-197.
- Demchina B., Cherevko M., Prokopyuk V. Investigation of strength and deformability of glass beam structures. Visnyk of Lviv National Agrarian University: Architecture and Agricultural Construction. 2014. No. 15. Р. 51-56.
- Famulyak Yu., Burchenуа S. Experimental-theoretical studies of bearing capacity and deformability of steel beams reinforced with steel cut-leaf. Resource-saving materials, constructions, buildings and structures: sb. sciences works of NUVGP. Rivne: View of NUVGP, 2014. Is. 29. P. 70-77.
- Famulyak Yu., Klymenko F., Barabash V. The strength of steel concrete beams with face anchors in the area of transverse forces: monograph. Lviv: LDAU; Astra-Print-Service, 2006. 117 p.