Visnyk LNAU: Architecture and Farm Building 2018 №19: 53-56
COMPUTER GENERATION OF VARIANTS OF CUTTING OF LONG ITEMS INTO PIECES OF DESIRED SIZES
Ye. Matviyishyn, Doctor of Economic Sciences
The Lviv Regional Institute for Public Administration
The common task in the construction industry is to cut long items into short pieces, for example reinforcing rods. The bulk of the metal in the construction is used for reinforcement. It is advisable to pre-calculate the optimal variants of the cutting of metal bars in series of rods of those sizes that will be required for the manufacture of reinforcing frames.
The problem of optimizing the cutting of reinforcing rods was considered by many researchers. In general, they concerned the mass production of typical reinforced prefabricated structures, for example, slabs, columns, and the like. Modern computers allow you to overcome a huge number of cutting options, among which there may be a few that exclude wastes at all or give a minimal amount of them. Therefore, it is expedient to use this approach – consideration of all options with a choice of several optimal or close to them.
The purpose of our study is to propose a two-stage approach to choosing possible variants of cutting long-length elements into pieces of a given size: the first stage consists in generating variants and selecting the best ones according to the minimum waste criterion; the second – in the formation of such a combination of cutting options that would meet the production needs.
Actually, the algorithm is developed based on the principle of "generator", which includes a sequential analysis of all combinations of values of some arguments. Such arguments are the number and the lengths of the pieces, the length of the element from which they will be cut. The algorithm is applied separately for rods of the same class of steel and diameter. The next stage is to select from these variants such combination that will ensure that the required amount of rods in accordance with the design documentation. For the implementation of the second stage, it is advisable to use the SOLVER Tool in Excel spreadsheet. The combination provides the use of a minimum number of bars, of which can be cut the rods required.
reinforcement rods, metal rolling, minimizing waste, computer algorithm
- Due to what can Ukraine quickly improve the state of the economy? URL: https://biz.nv.ua/ukr/publications/za-rahunok-chogo-ukrajina-mozhe-shvidko-pokrashchiti-stan-ekonomiki-1268180.html.
- Tikchonowa O.V., Plaksin A.V., Zorina K.I. Solution of the problem of optimal cutting of reinforcing bars in the production of slabs. System technologies. 2016. № 19. P. 59-63.
- Nakonechnyi S.I., Savina S.S. Mathematical programming: teaching manual. Kyiv. KNEU, 2003. 452 p.
- Excel VBA reference. URL: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/VBA/VBA-Excel.
- Excel Solver Online Help. URL: https://www.solver.com/excel-solver-online-help.