Features of water consumption of white lupine plants in the Right-Bank Forest-Steppe conditions

new site

This site is no longer updated!
The new website of the magazine is located at https://visnyk.lnup.edu.ua/

Visnyk LNAU: Agronomy 2020 №24: 72-77

Features of water consumption of white lupine plants in the Right-Bank Forest-Steppe conditions

H. Pantsyreva, Candidate of Agricultural Sciences
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-0539-5211
Vinnytsia National Agricultural University

https://doi.org/10.31734/agronomy2020.01.072

Annotation

The research is devoted to theoretical substantiation and presentation of the ways of solving the scientific problem regarding the availability of soil moisture for agrophytocenoses of white lupine plants. The work identifies the problems of lupine growing in Ukraine for conservation of variety resources of that crop. The author presents results of the influence of pre-sowing treatment of seeds, foliar fertilizers and varieties of white lupine Veresnevyi and Makarivskyi on the features of water consumption of white lupine plants in the conditions of the Right-Bank Forest Steppe of Ukraine. Dynamics of soil moisture reserves, total water consumption and water consumption coefficient are analyzed and investigated while optimizing the elements of white lupine cultivation technology. It is established that pre-sowing treatment of seeds with bacterial preparation Rizogumin and growth stimulator Emistim C in combination with two foliar nutrition, i.e. growth stimulator Emistim C, in the phases of budding and beginning of grain filling provides an increase of the efficiency of utilization of productive soil moisture and formation of maximum grain yield of white lupine in the conditions of Right-Bank Forest-Steppe. Thus, the highest indices of total water consumption by lupines of white varieties Veresnevyi and Makarivskyi, i.e. 3032 m3/ha and 3004 m3/ha respectively, were noted on the variants, where bacterial preparation and growth stimulator were used in pre-sowing treatment in combination with two foliar growth stimulator. The results of the three-year research prove a significant influence of the studied elements of cultivation technology and on the level of yield. The article supplies conclusions regarding introduction of the modern varieties into production practice and their testing, which will significantly expand the use of white lupine in crop production and improve the soil nitrogen balance of the Right-Bank Forest-Steppe zone of Ukraine.

Key words

white lupine, variety, water consumption coefficient, grain yield

Full text

pdf

Link

1. Babych A. O. Problems of protein and growing of legumes forage. 3rd ed., Reworked, and suppl. Kyiv, 1993. 429 p.
  2. Bakhmat O. M. Modeling of adaptive soybean cultivation technology: Monograph. Kamianets-Podilskyi, 2012. 436 p.
  3. Cholovsky Y. M. Features of water consumption by narrow-leaved lupine crops depending on the application of mineral fertilizers. Feed and feed production. 2010. Vol. 66. P. 146–150.
  4. Didur I. M. Optimization of the models of the technologies of pea cultivation for grain in the conditions of the right-bank Forest Steppe of Ukraine. Feed and feed production. Vinnytsia, 2008. Vol. 63. P. 250–257.
  5. Dospekhov B. A. Methods of field experience. Moscow: Agropromizdat, 1985. 351 p.
  6. Kaminskyi V. F. The importance of grain legumes and directions of their production. Breeding and seed production. Kharkiv, 2005. Vol. 90. P. 14–22.
  7. Mazur V. A. Influence of the elements of cultivation technology on peculiarities of water consumption by white lupine plants in the conditions of the right-bank Forest Steppe of Ukraine. Vinnytsia, 2019, 5–16.
  8. Mazur V. A., Pantsyreva H. V., Mazur K. V., Didur I. M. Influence of the assimilation apparatus and productivity of white lupine plants. Agronomy Research. 2019. 17(X), xxx–ccc. doi: https://doi.org/10.15159/AR.19.024.
  9. Pantsуreva Н. V. Investigation of varietal resources of white lupine (Lupinus albus L.) in Ukraine. Agriculture and forestry. 2016. № 4. P. 88–93.
  10. Vdovenko, S. A., Pantsyreva, G. V., Palamarchuk, I. I., Lytvyniuk, H. V. (2018). Symbiotic potential of snap beans (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) depending on biological products in agrocoenosis of the right-bank forest-steppe of Ukraine. Ukrainian Journal of Ecology. 2018. № 8 (3). P. 270–274. https://doi.org/10.31548/dopovidi2018.05.012 
  11. Yowling W. A., Buirchell B. J., Tarta M. E. Lupin. Lupinus L., Promoting the conservation and use of underutilized and neglected crops 23 / Institute of Plant lyenetis and crop Plant Research, yatersleben. International Plant lyenetic Resources Institute. Rome, 1998. Р. 112–114.
титулка Екон