Visnyk LNAU: Economics of AIC 2018 №25: 133-139
THE MARKETING OF TOURISM AND ITS CHARACTERISTICS
Dudyak R., Candidate of Economic Sciences
Berezivska O., Candidate of Economic Sciences
Lviv National Agrarian University
Bugel S., Candidate of Economic Sciences
Lviv National University named after Ivan Franko
Grabowskyi R., Candidate of Economic Sciences
Stepan Gzhytskyi National University of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnologies
Clarified the essence and peculiarities of formation of system of marketing tools and the peculiarities of application of tourism marketing and the provision of services in the enterprises of the domestic tourism industry.
Domestic tourism – temporary departure of citizens of the country with permanent residence within the national borders of the same country for vacation, satisfaction of cognitive interests, sports and other tourism purposes. Domestic tourism does not form a separate sphere of activity and interrelated with all other sectors of national life. International tourism – a systematic and purposeful activity of the enterprises of sphere of tourism, providing tourist services and tourist product to the foreign tourists on the territory of the country (inbound tourism) and the provision of tourist services and tourist product abroad (outbound tourism).
The Main reason for the selection of tourist marketing has been the rapid development of tourism, which in many countries has become an important sector of the economy, and some and the main source of income. Also the emergence and development of the tourism marketing has contributed to:
– increased living standards and availability of travel services for the population;
– development of transport communications, thus expanding the geography of travel and development of international tourism;
– the rise of international political, economic and cultural relations that promotes the formation of business travel, travel for official purposes;
– processes of globalization, in which to travel around the world easier.
Thus, the emergence of a large number of tourists and the diversity of their requirements have necessitated the implementation of marketing activities in the markets of tourist services. Features of tourism marketing are determined primarily by the peculiarities of the tourist product, as well as the specific characteristics of producers and consumers of tourist services. Another characteristic of the market of tourist services is the variability and dynamism of the market.
The main objective of tourism development in Ukraine is the formation of a modern marketing strategy to promote tourist product at domestic and international markets.
The tourist enterprise for the successful operation and occupy their niche in the market must use marketing activities in order to recognize, identify and evaluate existing or latent demand for the services that the company offers or can offer and direct the efforts of the firm on the development, production, distribution, sale and promotion of these goods and services.
Marketing, tourism, tourism, tourism industry, tourism product, service, marketing functions, marketing strategy, tourism enterprise
- Budia O. P.,Vertelieva O. V. Innovative directions of development of marketing in tourism and hospitality. Foreign trade: Law and Economics. 2008. N 6. P. 142–149.
- Zajaczkowska G. A. the Modern concept of marketing of international tourism services: an interdisciplinary approach. European vector of economic development. 2013. N 2(15). S. 106–113.
- Yevtushenko O. V. Application of the marketing mix in tourism. Bulletin of Kharkov National University named after V. N. Karazin. 2014. N 1144. P. 166-170.
- Kotler F., Bowen J., Makens J. Marketing. Hospitality and tourism. Moscow: UNITI, 1998. 787 c.
- Lozova O. A. The features of the marketing activities of tourism enterprises. Culture of the black sea. 2012. No. 253. P. 35–36.
- Martynov I. Yu. Specific Features of marketing in tourism, recreation and entertainment. URL: http://www.nbuv.gov.ua/portal/Soc_Gum/Tiru/2011_31_1/Martinov.pdf (Last accessed: 23.01.2018).
- Mironov Yu. The use of marketing in tourism. Youth and market. 2002. N 1. P. 57–60.
- Teletov A. S., Kosolap N. Ye. Features and prospects of marketing of tourist services in Ukraine. Marketing and management of innovations. 2012. N 1. P. 21–34.