Visnyk LNAU: Economics of AIC 2018 №25: 122-126
CREATION OF ADDED VALUE FOR TRADITIONAL LOCAL HIGH-QUALITY PRODUCTS: AN EXAMPLE OF YAS BEAN
Antonyuk H., Post-graduate Student
Lviv National Agrarian University
The article identifies the concept of «traditional local product» and sets out the criteria that such products should meet. The main obstacles preventing small producers, who produce traditional local products, from obtaining higher profits are highlighted. On the example of Yas beans the process of adding value to a traditional local product is illustrated. The variety “Yas bean” and requirements for its cultivation and storage are described in detail. The historical binding to the western territories of Ukraine as a zone of traditional cultivation of this variety is noted. The costs and expected returns for small Yas bean growers are calculated on condition of membership in the cooperative and sale the packaged finished product. The experience of the agricultural service cooperative «Stryysky Yas» for the production of Yas bean, its calibration, packaging and sale is described. A wide range of options to create adding value to Yas beans is given. The features of the French approach to the promotion of the product and the promotion of the area of its production are revealed. The role of gastronomic festivals and the experience of holding the first gastronomic bean festival «Stryysky Yas» are highlighted. The use of social networks as a tool for promoting the product and its production area is described. The main tasks for the agricultural service cooperative of bean growers the «Stryysky Yas», which will allow it to be successful, provide higher profit for its members and positively influence the development of the production zone are determined. The benefits that the rural areas can receive when promoting a local traditional product and creating added value for it are given.
added value, traditional local products, marketing of agrarian products, promotion through sales channels
- On Basic Principles and Requirements for the Safety and Quality of Food Products: The Law of Ukraine dated December 23, 1997, No. 771/97-ВР. URL: http://search.ligazakon.ua/l_doc2.nsf/link1/Z970771.html (Last accessed: 12.03.2018).
- Project «Increasing awareness and assessing the potential of valorization of high-quality food products in the Lviv region». URL: http://loda.gov.ua/biznes_propozytsiji_dlya_silskohospodarskyh_dlya_tovarovyrobnykiv_2 (Last accessed: 12.03.2018).
- Barabash O. Yu. Vegetable growing. Kyiv: High School, 1994. 374 p.
- Nasiona fasoli «Piękny Jaś” z doliny Dunajca. URL: http://www.minrol.gov.pl/Jakosc-zywnosci/Produkty-regionalne-itradycyjne/Lista -produktow-tradycyjnych/woj.-malopolskie/Nasiona-fasoli-Piekny-Jas-z-doliny-Dunajca (Last accessed: 12.03.2018).
- How to create value added for a regional product? Yas Bean. URL: http://agravery.com/uk/posts/author/show?slug=ak-stvoriti-dodanu-vartist-na-regionalnij-produkt-kvasola-as (Last accessed: 12.03.2018).