Visnyk LNAU: Economics of AIC 2018 №25: 103-107
AGRICULTURAL TOURISM AS ONE OF THE DIRECTIONS OF THE DEVELOPMENT OF RURAL AREAS
Khomych N., Candidate of Economic Sciences
Lviv National Agrarian University
Features of the rural tourism development in Ukraine are considered, which is one of the new directions in the development of rural areas. By definition, it is a type of tourism that is concentrated in the countryside and involves the provision of temporary accommodation services (accommodation) and catering for tourists in the private estate. As a specific form of the recreation, the rural tourism becomes an additional stable source of the profit for individuals living in rural areas and, accordingly, as an integral part of the integrated socio-economic development, becomes an important structural element of the sustainable development of the community. The essence of the concepts of the «rural» tourism and its differences from the essence of the «agrotourism», «ecological» tourism, is determined because the rural tourism is much more widely concept compared to the concepts of the «agrotourism» or «ecotourism». The existing tourist and recreational resources necessary for the development of the rural tourism are analyzed. Using the unique location of rural settlements near rivers, protected areas, local owners can maintain ecological requirements for the organization of domestic and leisure activities among tourists, as well as offer them a number of programs of deepening into the wildlife world, the growing demand for recreation on the nature is also determined by the need to provide a modern person with its physiological and psychological needs, healthy nutrition, local infrastructure (roads, transport connections, Internet communication, etc.), which enables to create all conditions for the development of the rural (green) tourism and improvement of social and living conditions and varieties of self-employment of the rural population.
tourism, rural tourism, ecological tourism, rural territories, estate of «green» tourism, tourism activity
- Ecological Encyclopedia: in 3 t. / A. V. Tolstoukhov (main editor) and others. Kyiv: LLC "Center for Environmental Education and Information", 2008. N 3: O-Ya. 472 p.
- Kyfiak V. F. Organization of tourism activity in Ukraine. Chernivtsi: Book- XXI, 2003. 300 p.
- Kudinova I. P. Prospects for the development of the rural green tourism in Ukraine. Scientific news of NUBiP of Ukraine. 2011. N 163. P. 1. P. 51–57.
- Rutynskyi M. Y., Zinko Yu. V. Rural tourism. Kyiv: Knowledge, 2006. 150 p.
- Association of promotion of the rural green tourism in Ukraine. URL: http://www.greentour.com.ua (Last accessed: 14.02/2018).