TEORETICAL AND PRACTICAL ASPECTS IN THE FORMATION OF RATIONAL SIZES OF CATTLE PRODUCTION CONCENTRATION

new site

This site is no longer updated!
The new website of the magazine is located at https://visnyk.lnup.edu.ua/

Visnyk LNAU: Economics of AIC 2018 №25: 26-32

TEORETICAL AND PRACTICAL ASPECTS IN THE FORMATION OF RATIONAL SIZES OF CATTLE PRODUCTION CONCENTRATION

Shyian N., Candidate of Economic Sciences
V.V. Dokuchaiv Kharkiv National Agrarian University

https://doi.org/10.31734/economics2018.25.026

Annotation

The article raises a problem of agrarian products concentration, including concentration in the livestock sector. Approaches to determining the concentration levels existing in economic science are considered. The article regards various points of view related to concentration: its theoretical, methodological aspect and practical aspects.

Indicators that give both a general and a private assessment of the level of concentration at the enterprises of the agrarian sphere of the economy, including in the livestock sector, have been determined.The agrarian sector of the economy includes the area of agricultural land, the amount of advanced capital, the number of employees, value of commodity output. If we talk about determination of the concentration level in the livestock sector, we take into account value of the commodity output of the industry, the number of livestock, and the volume of production.

In the process of research we have come to the conclusion that according to the value of the proceeds from the sale of the cattle breeding products in 2016, enterprises in the formed groups were distributed almost evenly. At the same time, the main production of livestock products shifted to large enterprises with sale revenues of more than 30000 UAH.

Using the grouping method, the analysis of the change in productivity indicators (growth rate and productivity of cows), profitability with changes in livestock numbers was carried out. Taking into account livestock productivity, profit per head of cattle and 1 cow, the optimal size of livestock in the cattle breeding sector from the point of view of the analyzed indicators has been proved. It is expedient for agricultural enterprises to have livestock of 1001–1200 animals for cattle and 801–1000 animals for the dairy industry. This volume of the livestock sector will ensure profitable production of milk with high productivity.

Key words

cattle breeding, concentration, rational sizes, intensification, specialization

Full text

pdf

Link

1. Kuzmenko I. V. Intensification of grain production as the main direction of increasing competitiveness. Economy of agroindustrial complex. 2015. No. 1. P. 121–126.
  2. Artemenko I. S. Analysis of production concentration process at agrarian enterprises of Ukraine and evaluation of its results. Economy of agroindustrial complex. 2014. No.9. P. 69–75.
  3. Sharan P. I. Ways of specialized meat cattle breeding intensification. Economy of agroindustrial complex. 2013. № 2. P. 26–33.
  4. The Great Economic Dictionary / under ed. A. N. Azryliyan. 6th ed., supplemented. Moscow: Institute of New Economy, 2004. 428 p.
  5. Kaninskyi P. K. Specialization of agricultural enterprises: monograph. Kyiv: NSC IAE, 2005. 348 p.
  6. Sas I. S. Concentration of production at agrarian enterprises: methodology of measurement, analysis, efficiency and regulation: thesis for PhD degree (economics). Kyiv, 2016. 234 p.
  7. Danylina S. O. System of Indicators of Economics Concentration. URL: http://dspace.oneu.edu.ua/jspui/ bitstream/ 123456789/1640/.pdf] (Last accessed: 18.03.2018).
  8. Ayvazyan S. A., Enyukov I. S., Meshalkin L. D. Applied statistics: basics of modeling and primary data processing: [reference ed.]. Moscow: Finance and Statistics, 1983. 471 p.
  9. Andriichuk V. G. Efficiency of agrarian enterprises activity: theory, methodology, analysis: monograph. Kyiv: KNEU, 2005. 292 p.
  10. Klebanova T. S., Nikolayev I. V., Khailuk S. O. Models of operation and development of agricultural enterprises: monograph. Kharkiv: Liburkina L. M.; INZHEK, 2010. 232 p.
  11. The concentration of agricultural production and the growth of agricultural holdings. URL: https://www.insee.fr/en /statistiques /1376281? sommaire=1376286] (Last accessed: 18.03.2018).
  12. Paskhaver B. Y. Concentration and efficiency of agriculture. Economy of agroindustrial complex. 2013. № 1. P. 16–23.
титулка Екон