Visnyk LNAU: Economics of AIC 2018 №25: 5-13
PECULIARITIES OF PRODUCTION CONCENTRATION AND ITS IMPACT ON EFFICIENCY OF AGRICULTURAL ENTERPRISE OPERATION
Yatsiv I., Doctor of Economic Sciences
Lviv National Agrarian University
The article examines peculiarities of the process of production concentration at agricultural enterprises of Ukraine and describes essence of two kinds of agricultural production concentration, particularly economic and product one. The work demonstrates that the process of production concentration, having caused establishment of large and particularly large agricultural enterprises in Ukraine, has been slowed down in the recent years.
The article presents results of the research concerning impact of production concentration on efficiency of agricultural enterprises operation in Lviv region. Applying analytical grouping and correlation-regression analysis, the work determines a set of important dependences between the volume of revenue from sale of agricultural products and services relating to the size of enterprises and serving as the criterion of economic concentration, and indicators of economic, technological and social efficiency of agrarian production. It is confirmed that raise of prices for sale of products is an essential reveal of economic effect from production concentration. However, the expected tendencies to reduction of products costs is not observed. Some growth of enterprise sizes forces increase of overheads payback. Nevertheless, at large and particularly large business entities the effect is not observed. It is argued that a high degree of economic concentration of production does not obligatory give higher indicators of economic efficiency of operation of enterprises in the branch.
It is argued that in Lviv region, a positive effect from production concentration in 2016 was the best revealed in the group of agricultural enterprises with approximately 1000–1200 ha of the average area of land use. Results of the research confirm the doubts concerning economic and social reasonability of formation of particularly large enterprises in the system of agrarian production of Ukraine.
agricultural enterprises, production concentration, size of an enterprise, efficiency, labor payment, profitability
- Artemenko I. S. The analyses of process of production concentration on agrarian enterprises of Ukraine and its assessment. The economy of the AIC. 2014. № 9. P. 69–75 [in Ukrainian].
- Basiurkina N. J. Features of concentration of agroindustrial production of Ukraine. Economic innovations. 2013. Issue 52. P. 38–49 [in Ukrainian].
- Dankevych A. Ye. The development of integrated structures in agriculture: monograph. Kyiv: NNTs IAE, 2011. 350 p. [in Ukrainian].
- Zos-Kior M. V. Improvement of the land resources management system of agrarian enterprises in the conditions of globalization: monograph. Poltava: PolNTU, 2015. 334 p. [in Ukrainian].
- Kolos Z. V. Effect of concentration of production the effectiveness of operations agricultural enterprises. Scientific Journal of NULES of Ukraine. Series: Economy, Agrarian Management, Business. 2013. Issue 181 (1). P. 125–130 [in Ukrainian].
- Lupenko Yu. O., Kropyvko M. F. Agroholdings in Ukraine and augmentation of social impact of their activity. Monitoring of exchange market. 2014. № 7. P. 8–18 [in Ukrainian].
- Melnyk L. L. The social and economic context of production concentration in agriculture and its government administration. News of Dnipropetrovsk State Agrarian and Economic University (Visnyk Dnipropetrovs’kogo Derzhavnogo Agrarno-economichnogo Universytetu). 2013. № 2. P. 165–170 [in Ukrainian].
- Moroz O. V., Semtsov V. M., Kukel H. S. Agriholdings modeling of the development of agriculture and rural Ukraine. Economy and the state (Ekonomika ta derzhava). 2015. № 12. P. 62–66 [in Ukrainian].
- Radko V. I., Svynous I. V. Increased specialization and concentration as a factor in the intensification of milk production. Economy and the state (Ekonomika ta derzhava). 2015. № 12. P. 13–16 [in Ukrainian].
- Agriculture of Ukraine: The Statistical Yearbook / State Statistics Service of Ukraine: [site]. Kyiv, 2017. 246 p. URL: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua (Last accessed: 20.04.2018) [in Ukrainian].
- Top 100 latifundists of Ukraine. URL: https://latifundist.com/rating/top100#185 (last accessed: 20.04.2018) [in Russian].
- Khodakivska O. V., Mohylnyi O. M. Agroholdings of Ukraine: agrarian policy and future challenges. The economy of the AIC. 2017. № 6. P. 33–41 [in Ukrainian].
- Yatsiv S. Concentration of production as a factor of pig raising development at agricultural enterprises. Agrarian economy (Ahrarna ekonomika). 2016. Vol. 9. № 3-4. P. 97–103 [in Ukrainian].