ORCID ID: 0000-0003-3966-9222
Bomba M., Candidate of Agricultural Sciences
ORCID ID: 0000-0001-7753-4885
Dudar O., Senior Lecturer
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-7065-6887
Lviv National Agrarian University

https://doi.org/10.31734/agronomy2021.01.115

Annotation

The scientific article describes the new, 2020 registred, nematode-resistant potato variety called Kniazha, created at the Lviv National Agrarian University.

The urgency of creating and introducing of new potatoes varieties into production is an effective and affordable means of obtaining consistently high yields.

It is noted that modern selection work with potatoes secures increase of production and improvement of tubers quality.

Newly created varieties of potatoes of Lviv National Agrarian University have practical value for selection and are widely used in agricultural production.

To control the formation process in terms of yield and to obtain highly productive offspring, the most productive parental forms were involved in crossbreeding.

The efficiency of use of parent pairs with high combining ability in selection work is established. The Kniazha variety was created with participation of Mavka × Naroch varieties in the combination of crossing. The obtained variety is medium-ripe, multi-tuber, high-yielding, nematode-resistant with high resistance to late blight and good quality indicators.

The main morphological identification features, yield, starch content, marketability of tubers, taste qualities, suitability for cultivation in Polissya are described in the work.

The results of testing of the Kniazha potato variety by the plant variety examination institutions of Ukraine are highlighted.

The advantage of the Kniazha variety in terms of yield (222.8 c/ha) over the indicators of average yield of varieties that have passed state registration for the previous five years in the Polissia zone (190.3 c/ha) is noted by the authors.

Based on the analysis of data of the three-year testing of the State Service of the Protection of Plant Variety Rights is recommended for distribution starting from 2021.

Key words

selection, potatoes, crossing, grade, economic suitability, productivity, qualitative indicators, testing

Full text

pdf

Link

1. Osypchuk A. A. Current issues of potato breeding. Potato growing, 2004. № 33. P. 27–32.
  2. Osypchuk A. A. Results and tasks of potato breeding in Ukraine. Potato growing. 2002. Vol. 31. P. 15–21.
  3. Osypchuk A. A. Potato breeding at the beginning of the XXI century. Potato growing in Ukraine. 2005. № 1. P. 7–8.
  4. Podhaietskyi A. A. Genetic resources of potatoes of Ukraine. Potato growing. 2006. Vol. 34–35. P. 45–55.
  5. Vlokh V. H., Dudar I. F., Lytvyn O. F. Creation and testing of a new variety of potato Duzha. Bulletin of Lviv National Agrarian University: agronomy. 2011. № 15 (1). P. 291–295.
  6. Vlokh V., Dudar I., Lytvyn O. Criteria of productivity of potato seedlings created with participation in the genealogical set of the Carpathian variety. Journal of Lviv National Agrarian University: agronomy. 2016. № 20. P. 122–126.
  7. Vlokh V., Dudar I., Lytvyn O., Bomba M. Productivity of potato breeding material, created with the participation in the genealogical population of the Carpathian variety. Bulletin of Lviv National Agrarian University: agronomy. 2018. № 22 (1). P. 101–106.
  8. Vlokh V. H., Dudar I. F., Lytvyn O. F. et al. Promising variety of potatoes for the Polissia zone. Ecological and genetic aspects in the selection of field crops in the context of climate change: Proceedings of the international scientific-practical conference dedicated to the 90th anniversary of the birth of geneticist, breeder, professor M.M. Chekalin (April 18–19, 2019) / Poltava State Agar Academy. Poltava, 2019. P. 74–75.
  9. Zaviriukha P. D., Loik M. V., Konovaliuk M. G. Introduction to the production of new varieties as a factor in the intensification of potato growing. Scientists of LSAU production: a catalog of scientific developments. Lviv: LSAU, 2008. Issue 8. P. 33–35.
  10. Zaviriukha P. D., Tymoshenko I. I. Promising variety of potatoes Dublianska Yuvileina. Scientists of Lviv National Agrarian University in production: a catalog of scientific developments. Lviv: LNAU, 2009. Issue 9. P. 38–39.
титулка Агро