ELIMINATION OF HEAVY METALS FROM POULTRY PRODUCTS

Salamakha I., Candidate of Agricultural Sciences
ORCID ID: 0000-0001-9089-5036
Lviv National Agrarian University
Hordiichuk L., Candidate of Agricultural Sciences
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-5013-3309
Hordiichuk N., Candidate of Agricultural Sciences
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-4742-8544
Stepan Gzhytskyi National University of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnologies Lviv

https://doi.org/10.31734/agronomy2021.01.045

Annotation

Among some branches of animal husbandry, its most dynamic component is poultry farming. This livestock industry is the world's largest producer of relatively cheap and organic food for humans. Therefore, in the conditions of revival of animal husbandry in Ukraine, special attention will be paid to poultry farming. At the same time, the increase in poultry production will be based on industrial technologies with further intensification of the industry. The activities of powerful poultry farms have caused a number of zootechnical, veterinary and environmental problems. Solving these problems in industrial poultry will help increase poultry productivity produce good quality products and ensure a proper ecological condition in the areas of operation of large poultry farms. The study of indicators of transformation of heavy metals from poultry products will clarify a number of issues regarding the intensity of the migration process of heavy metals, the quality of poultry products and the environmental situation on these indicators in agro-ecosystems.

The article presents the results of research to determine the content of chromium and cadmium in chicken eggs, as well as methods for their elimination. It was found that the intake of chromium (III) sulfate at a dose of 2 mg/kg and cadmium sulfate at a dose of 3 mg/kg body weight for 21 days caused a significant accumulation of heavy metals compared to their content in the control group. The results confirm that the accumulation of cadmium and chromium salts in the diet of chickens promotes the accumulation of heavy metals in chicken eggs. It was found that the introduction of zeolite in the diet of chickens 3 % of the weight of feed in all experimental groups, compared with groups without its introduction, contributed to a decrease in the content of chromium and cadmium in the studied samples of constituent eggs.

Key words

chromium, cadmium, zeolite, laying hens, eggs, protein, yolk, shell

Full text

pdf

Link

1. Demirulus H. The Heavy Metal Content in Chicken Eggs Consumed in Van Lake Territory. Ekoloji. 2013. 22 (86). P. 19–25.
  2. Biological action of sorbents in the body / G. I. Kalachnyuk et al. Proceedings of the 2nd Western Ukrainian Symposium on Absorption and Chromatography. Lviv, 2000. P. 203–208.
  3. Kirillov J., Ratich I., Stoyanovska G. Alunite ore and zeolite in poultry feed. Animal feeding and feed technology. 2005. No. 3. P. 51.
  4. Kurkina S. V., Rozputniy O. I. Content of heavy metals in the waste of the poultry farm and ecological features of their utilization. Technology of production and processing of livestock products. 2012. Vol. 7. P. 117–120.
  5. Moffett J., Brody K. Atomic absorption analysis. Electrothermal atomization and hybrid analysis / translated. and ed. M. Lyubimova. Version 3.1. 1998. 35 p.
  6. Orobchenko O. L. Monitoring studies of the content of inorganic elements in poultry products. Modern poultry farming. 2013. No. 4 (125). P. 4–9.
  7. Paranyak R. P., Vasiltseva L. P., Makukh H. I. Ways of entering heavy metals into the environment and their impact on living organisms. Animal biology. 2007. T. 9, No. 3. P. 83–89.
  8. Snitinskyi V. V., Sologub L. I., Antonyak G. L. Biological role of chromium in humans and animals. Ukrainian Biochemical Journal. 1999. No. 2. P. 5–9.
  9. Sprynskyy M., Buszewski B., TerzykA. P., Namieśnik J. Study of the selection mechanism of heavy metal (Pb2+, Cu2+, Ni2+, and Cd2+) adsorption on clinoptilolite. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science. 2006. Vol. 304. No. 1. P. 21–28.
титулка Агро