Visnyk LNAU: Architecture and Farm Building 2020 №21: 66-70
STRENGTHENING OF FOUNDATIONS BY THE METHOD OF PRESSING PIPE CONCRETE MICROPILES
Kunanets Y., Post-graduate Student National
University "Lviv Polytechnic"
Most modern cities are charactezed by intense compacting of existing buildings, increased number of storeys, building of underground structures. Engineers need to solve many complex problems during reconstruction in a dense urban development. First of all, it is associated with the risk of adversely affecting the surrounding buildings and the need for additional measures to prevent it. In addition, limited construction conditions restrict the use of traditional technologies, machines and mechanisms. This approach should be based on a comprehensive study of engineering and geological conditions, a detailed survey of the structures and consideration of their actual technical condition. Choosing the type of foundation reinforcement in difficult geological conditions with weak soils at the base, as a rule, it is preferable to reinforce it by piles, which transfer the load to solid soils that lie below. The goal of foundations reinforcing is to transfer a partial or full load gain from the existing building to the piles. It is known that the technological processes of arranging some types of piles can negatively effect the existing foundations. The safest type of piles are the pressed ones, which are arranged without excavation and eliminate the weakening of the soil base. The main condition for location of that type piles is the presence of pre-load that provides the containment of the reactive force from the piles pressure. As a rule, this effort is perceived by the weight of the structure itself.
This paper describes the effective method of strengthening of the foundations of existent building on avenue Svobodu 12 in Lviv city, under continuous building by pressing pipe concrete micropiles. A series of tests was carried out to determine such piles bearing capacity and to evaluate the effect of reinforcement. Ensuring that the foundations are properly and safely reinforced in each case requires an individual approach.
Strengthening, micropiles, pressing, foundation, reconstruction
- DBN B.1.2-12-2008. Construction in the compacted area. Safety requirements. Kyiv : Minregionbud Ukrainy, 2008. 34 p.
- Konovalov P. A. The bases and foundations of reconstructed buildings. Moskow : Stroyizdat, 1988. 287 p.
- Shvets V. B., Feklian V. I., Ginzburg L. K. Strengthening and reconstruction of foundations. Moskow : Stroyizdat. 1986. 93 p.
- Lebeda O. F., Kornienko М. V., Movchan V. O., Voroniuk О. А. Research of bearing capacity of multi-sectional pressed pile of small diameter in the soil conditions of the Kyiv forest upland. Bulletin of Kyiv National University of Construction and Architecture: Bases and Foundations. Kyiv. 2008. № 31. P. 47–57.
- VBN B.2.1-36-2-2002. Strengthening the foundations of buildings and structures with multi-section pressed piles / CJSC «Ukrhydrospetsbudproekt». Kyiv : Ukrmontazhspetsbud, introduced. 01/01/2003
- Morklianyk B. V. Strengthening of foundations of existent buildings on weak grounds using the method of pressing piles in: dis. Ph.D. (Tech.): 05.23.02 / Bohdan Vasylovych Morklianyk. Kyiv, 2005. 140 p.
- DBN B.2.1-10- 2018 Bases and foundations of buildings and structures. Key points. Kyiv : Minregion of Ukraine, 2018. 36 p.
- DSTU B B.2.1-27: 2010. Fields. Determination of bearing capacity based on the results of field tests. Kiev: Minregion of Ukraine, 2011. 11 p.