National University "Lviv Polytechnic"
Dankevych I., Candidate of Engineering Science
Shydlovskyi Y., Post-graduate Student

https://doi.org/10.31734/architecture2020.21.041

Annotation

T

imber structures have several advantages over other materials. Their low specific gravity, low thermal conductivity and environmental friendliness, radio transparency and corrosion resistance significantly reduce the cost and increase the efficiency of structures. Wood bonding technologies make it possible to make designs of any size and shape. In this way, new, more efficient beams emerged, i.e. plywood with plywood or OSB wall and solid or glued wood belts. This design is much lighter and less expensive compared to beams with solid wooden rectangular cross-section of similar bearing capacity, and manufacturing of them does not require sophisticated and costly devices.

This article examines the test of two I-beams, consisting of OSB-wall embedded in the grooves of the wooden belts. The joint work of the belts and the wall was ensured by means of polyurethane adhesive. The beams were tested as single-span, single-span, with a third-load load. The objective of the study is to determine the load-bearing capacity, deflection and deformation in the tensile and compression zones for each sample and to analyze the obtained experimental data. The results of experimental studies according to the test scheme are considered. The destruction of both beams occurred at the junction of the OSB-wall plates with the gradual appearance of cracks in the belts. The experimental data of deflections and relative deformations depending on the load are shown in the graphs. The moment of loss of beams stability from a plane is established. The maximum design load with and without length beams is calculated. Research materials and recommendations may be of interest to design professionals.

Key words

timber structures, timber beam, OSB-board, strength and deformability, Canadian construction technology, frame house

Full text

pdf

Link

1. DBN B.2.6-161: 2017. Construction of buildings and structures. Wooden structures. Substantive provisions. Kyiv: Minregionbud of Ukraine, 2017. 111 p.
  2. DBN B.1.2-2: 2006. Loads and impacts. Design rules. Kyiv: Minbud of Ukraine, 2006. 75 p.
  3. DSTU B B.1.2-3: 2006. Bends and displacements. Design requirements. Kyiv: Minbud of Ukraine, 2006. 15 p.
  4. Klimenko V. Z. Calculation of elements from glued wood on a longitudinal and transverse bend. Industrial construction and engineering. 2013. № 3. Р. 39–45.
  5. Constructions of wood and plastics. Examples of calculation and design: [educ. manual for universities] / ed. prof. Ivanov V.A., 3rd ed., Revised. and ext. Kyiv: Vyshcha shkola, 1981. 392 p.
титулка Агро