V. Balkovskyi, Candidate of Agricultural Sciences
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-3995-1909
Lviv National Agrarian University
I. Gorodiska, Candidate of Agricultural Sciences
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-1580-3450
Institute of Agroecology and Environmental management of NAAS

https://doi.org/10.31734/agronomy2020.01.023

Annotation

The use of various agrochemicals in agriculture leads to disruption of natural cycles and balanced environmental conditions. Storage of unusable pesticides in improper conditions, non-compliance with the boundaries of sanitary protection zones around pesticide warehouses or their complete absence has led to environmental pollution at storage sites with high concentrations of persistent organochlorine pesticides.

The negative consequences of pesticide use are obvious. In general, there is a decrease in the ecological stability of agrocenoses and soil, its degradation, which ultimately leads to a deterioration of the ecological safety of crops and poses a direct threat to human health.

In order to obtain reliable data on the regularities of distribution and migration of organochlorine pesticides and their derivatives in soils, it is necessary to study and research the natural environment as a whole, at all levels of the organization. The task of urgent organization of agro-environmental monitoring at the sites that have reached a critical state has become an absolutely clear one. Therefore, to identify chemically degraded and contaminated soils, it is important to conduct eco-toxicological assessment of soils in sanitary areas of agrochemicals for the content of persistent organic pollutants.

The research on dark gray podzolized soils in the conditions of the Western Forest-Steppe of Ukraine determined that within the sanitary protection zone of the inactive composition of pesticides village Hlynsko of Zhovkva district, Lviv region, there was a spatial migration of organochlorine pesticides and the degree of chemical soil degradation was assessed. It was found that the pollution is spotty, due to the peculiarities of the operation of the study area in the past.

Key words

organochlorine pesticides, dark-grey podzolized soils, accumulation, migration, pollution soil

Full text

pdf

Link

1. Ivankiv М., Balkovskyi V., Kruzhel B., Pavkovych S., Vovk S. Peculiarities of migration and accumulation of organochlorine pollution in soil. Journal of Lviv National Agrarian University: Agronomy. 2016. Vol. 20. P. 18–22.
  2. Ivankiv М., Balkovskyi V., Pavkovych S., Vovk S. Peculiarities of transformation of persistent organic pollutants in soil. Journal of Lviv national Agrarian University: Agronomy. 2017. Vol. 21, P. 24–30.
  3. Khyzhniak S. V., Voitsitskyi V. M., Danchuk V. V. Et al. Pathways of migration persistent pesticides through chains of terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems. Bioresources and Nature Management. 2018. Vol. 10, № 1–2. P. 36–43. https://doi.org/10.31548/bio2018.01.005 
  4. Methodical recommendations for a comprehensive assessment of the degree of chemical degradation of soils / О. І. Furdichko, L. I. Mokliachuk, О. А. Nykytiuk et al. Kyiv, 2010. 35 р.
  5. Methods for determining microquantity pesticides products in the power supply feeds and stored in an environment of foreign: a reference. Vol. 1–2 / M. A. Klisenko, A. A. Kalinina, K. F. Novikova. Mosсow: Kolos, 1992. [in Russian].
  6. Methods for the determination of trace amounts of pesticide microquantities in food, feed and the environment. Kyiv. 2005. 246 р.
  7. Mokliachuk L. I., Lishchuk A. M., Horodyska I. M. et al. Contamination of soils with resistant pesticides and their remediation. The problem of chemical soil degradation in the context of sustainable development of agroecosystems. Reference book of a Ukrainian grain producer. 2011. P. 105–112.
  8. Mokliachuk L. I., Lishchuk A. M., Yatsuk I. P., Horodyska I. M. Pollution of agroecosystems by unusable pesticides as a regional indicator of the land resources state. Balanced Nature Management. 2017. Vol. 2. P. 140–144.
  9. Semenenko N. The impact of the use of chemicals in agriculture in the late 50s – 60s of the last century, on the health of the rural population and preventive measures to overcome its negative consequences. Siveriansk chronicle. 2014. Vol. 5. P. 337–342.
  10. Systematic analysis of multicomponent pesticide pollution of the main types of soils of Ukraine (methodical recommendations) / О.І. Furdichko, L. I. Mokliachuk, О. А. Nykytiuk et al. Kyiv, 2010. 30 p.
  11. Voitsikhovska A. S., Shybanova A. M., Chapovska R. B., Malovanyi M. R. Use of environmentally friendly pesticides in agriculture. Sugar of Ukraine. 2017. Vol. 8 (140). P. 45–48.
  12. Voitsitskyi V. M., Khyzhniak S. V., Danchuk V. V., Midyk S. V., Ushkalov V. О. Modeling the migration of ecotoxicants in the components of agroecosystems. Agro-Economic Journal. 2019. Vol. 1. P. 36–41. DOI: https://doi.org/10.33730/2077-4893.1.2019.163246.
титулка Агро