Visnyk LNAU: Architecture and Farm Building 2016 №17: 23-28
USING THE THEORY OF SURFACES OF THE SECOND ORDER FOR THE DESIGN ENTRANCE VISOR TO THE ADMINISTRATIVE BUILDING ON THE STREET CHMOLУ IN LVIV
О. Hnatiuk, Ph.D.
V. Kosarchyn, Ph.D.
Ja. Famulyak, As. Professor
B. Zadorozhny, Senior Lecturer
Lviv National Agrarian University
Hypar – is a linear surface of double equivalent curvature. Double equivalent curvature provides the stiffness of the construction, approximates its surface to the surface of equal resistance, the most optimal in terms of statics and gives the design of the dynamics of configuration . In addition, the double curvature of the coating significantly increases its operational properties: provides drainage, clearing of snow, etc.
The arrangement of the roof structure from combinations of elements in the form of Hypar has great compositional possibilities. This is due to the fact that the elements of these construction can be combined in different ways in accordance with the static principles of work and provides the building the originality and artistic expression.
1) The use of the theory of surfaces of the second order allowed us to design a entrance visor to the administrative building in the form of a curvilinear surface "hypar" with the use of rectilinear elements of building structures.
2) Designed entrance visor is easy to manufacture and corresponds to all output parameters of the curvilinear surface.
3) The proposed mathematical model makes it possible to design entrance visor or other similar structures of arbitrary shape and size.
entrance visor, curved surfaces, hyperbolic paraboloid, double ruled surface, the system of equations
- Mikhailenko V.E. Formation of shells in architecture / V. E. Mykhailenko, V.S. Obukhova, A. L. Podgorny. K.: Budivelnik, 1972. 205 p.
- Кupаr А. К. Hypar in architecture (classification by geometric characteristic) / A. K. Купар // Construction and architecture. Works of the Moscow Conference of Young Scientists. M.: Science, 1968. P. 15-21.
- Barmashina L. M. Theory of Architecture / L.M. Barmashina, V.I. Vasilchenko, A.M. Petrushevsky: Educational manual - Publishing house of the National aviator Un-ty, "NAU-print", 2010. 172 p.
- Bodnar O.Ya. Golden section and non-Euclidean geometry in science and art / O.Ya. Bodnar. Lviv: Ukrainian technologies, 2004. 258 p.
- Borisenko O. A. Analytical geometry / O. A. Borisenko, L. M. Ushakov: Educational manual for universities. Kh.: Basis, 1993. 192 p.